Sunday, February 9

Here's hoping you'll forget to ask:

I was told that
it does have a name...
--by
someone who
[un]fortunately possesses the same quality.
that...goddamn 
ITCH.

Even being one of the cursed,
I have committed
the same wrongs that were
done
to me.
I have fallen
for those...exquisite 
few and far
between...
others--

By the very person who told me the name,
I'm guilty:I have never been more ashamed
for merely
   ...watching. I was so filled with wonder,
waiting for his next big words
or his next       big shock
(the next big thing!)
That I forgot to be there and love him.

He,
like me,
like she--
--WE can't...have
more
                WATCHERS
because they just scratch and
scratchand
   scra
      tch------------'''-' until
they see that
the itch is
not so easy to relieve.

And they         [re]
leave me
raw
.

The desire
and the curiosity--it can be sated for a moment,
but...by it's nature,
it will always
come back

when no one else will.

-rae

to those lovely two
and
(more bitterly)
to those who fell in love, "wised up", and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment